Monday 14 May 2012

Good Samaritan In Nova Scotia !!!

Took the Monte for a Mothers Day cruise yesterday,Valeria,Pepper and I went up along the Fundy shore taking in the beautiful view.As the day progressed,I noticed it was getting harder to shift,but I thought it was probably the clutch needing a bit of adjustment.But it kept getting worse and got to the point where the clutch wouldnt dis-engage.I pulled into the parking lot of a closed exhaust shop,The Bus Boys,jacked the car up a bit and got underneath to adjust the clutch,but as I was going to do that,I noticed the tip of the clutch fork pushrod poking out through the "cup" in the clutch fork it sits in.No adjustment was gonna fix that,so I'm thinking tow truck,pull the tranny,etc.Then Valeria says here comes someone from across the road,and this gentleman comes and asks what's wrong,and I told him.He says Oh I've seen that happen before,and then he says I happen to own a MIG welder,bring your car over and we'll have a look at it.I had to put it in gear and start it that way to drive it over there.We jacked it up,got the pushrod out of the clutch fork,and he made a little patch piece and welded it in the clutch fork.Then we put it back together,adjusted the clutch a bit,lowered the car back down,and,Voila,we were back on the road again.All I can say is a really big THANK YOU to Cpl. Jim Rogers,airplane technician in the Canadian Air Force based in 14 Wing Greenwood Nova Scotia.Talk about an act of human kindness,and when I emptied my pockets of every last cent I had on me,he would not take a penny !!! He told me that I wasnt the first person that had pulled into that same parking lot with car troubles that he has helped out.So instead of a tow truck we were able to finish our cruise,had a nice Mothers Day lunch,and drove the Monte home,what a relief...
Cpl. Jim Rogers sure gets my vote for Good Samaritan of the Year !!!
Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment